Asana is a software company that provides a web and mobile application for managing tasks, projects, and teams. Asana allows users to create projects, assign tasks to team members, set deadlines, and track progress. One way to organize and categorize tasks in Asana is by adding tags. Tags are keywords or labels that can be added to a task to make it easier to find and filter later. To add a tag in Asana, simply click on the task you want to tag, click on the "Tags" field, and start typing the tag name. If the tag already exists, you can select it from the list of suggested tags. Otherwise, you can create a new tag by typing its name and pressing "Enter".
How to Add Tags in Asana
One of the key features of Asana is the ability to add tags to tasks, which can make it easier to search, filter, and sort your tasks based on specific criteria. Tags can be used to identify tasks that are related to a specific project, priority level, or team member, among other things.
In this guide, we'll walk you through how to add tags in Asana, including how to create new tags, assign tags to tasks, and use tags to streamline your workflow.
1. Log into your Asana account
2. Select the Asana project you'd like to work in
3. Click "Customize"
4. To enable tags, click "Show 2 more fields"
5. Click the toggle next to "Tags"
6. Once "Tags" has been toggled on, click the exit arrow
7. A new custom field called "Tags" will appear. To create a new tag, click into the "Tags" box next to the task of your choice.
8. Type in your new tag
9. Once you've finalized your tag, click "Create tag for ..."
10. Select a color for your tag. Once your color has been selected, your tag is ready to go!
Tango helps you create how-to guides with screenshots, in seconds.