This step-by-step guide will teach you how to make a subtask a task in Asana, a work management platform created to help teams stay on track. Subtasks are smaller tasks that live within a parent task and help drive the parent task to completion. However, if your project structure changes and you need to convert your subtask into its own task, follow the instructions below.
1. Log into your Asana account
2. Select the Asana project you'd like to work in
3. Select the task which contains the subtask you'd like to make into its own task
4. Click the 6 dots to the left of the subtask
5. Drag the subtask from within its parent task to be its own task within the list